Monday, April 23, 2012

Apr. 18th: Pinning Party!

I have discussed at length about how addicted I am to Pinterest.  I have spent a lot more time on it than I probably should be, but it's only because there are so many great DIY projects or recipes on it that I would love to get to at some point in time.  But considering how often I like to put projects off, I really needed some motivation to get started on a few things.  Hence - THE PINNING PARTY!

What's a Pinning Party, you ask?  Well I don't know what other people do at these, but at my party we focused on 3 aspects of Pinterest:  1) Style 2) Food 3) Crafts!

STYLE:  Everyone was asked to go through their clothes and bring along anything they no longer wear and want to get rid of.  We then set up all of the clothes and accessories in their various categories (ie. shirts, pants, dresses, etc.) and then collectively went through everything to see if there was anything there that we wanted to keep and take home with us.  This might sound a lot like a clothing swap, because that's exactly what it was!  But for the sake of the Pinning Party - it was the 'style' portion of the evening.

FOOD:  Because we all had a bunch of recipes that we had pinned and wanted to try out, everyone was asked to try out one of their pinned recipes and bring it to the party.  Based on where people were coming from and their schedules, not everyone was able to bring something but the things that were made were: 


Not everything was an absolute win.  Some of them had flaws.  But I can say that it was all very tasty.

CRAFTS:  Like the food, I encouraged everyone to bring a craft project that they had pinned on their Pinterest profiles.  It was awesome to see the variety of crafts.  We had some string art being prepared, some crafty vases being made (kinda), a braid scarf being sewn up, some paper flowers being sewn together, a camera case being crafted, and I was working on a piece of personalized art work to give as a gift.  Not everyone was able to get their craft done that evening but a few were accomplished and looked awesome.  I ended up staying up late to finish mine.  Again - I'd love to post the photo, but since it's being given as a gift, I don't think it's right for me to post it at this time.  

What I can say is that it was an AWESOME night, and that photos were taken to document the Pinterest Trials.  Oh - by the way - did you know that I'm soon going to be contributing to a new blog? Yes indeed.  I need to keep this motivation up to complete these projects that I've expressed interest in doing, and what better way to do that than by blogging.  So starting May - expect to see some new contributions to THE PINTEREST TRIALS by yours truly.  The pins that I tried at this party will likely be the first to go up there, so keep your eyes peeled!

What an awesome, awesome night!  I can't wait for the next party!


2 comments: