Monday, April 23, 2012

Apr. 21st: Fan Expo 2012!

Like I said - I have some pretty awesome friends.  Included in that group is my friend Nick who was in town this weekend for Vancouver's first ever Fan Expo! He was there to promote The Anthology Project, which is an awesome compilation of comics put together by a bunch of amazing artists.  Do yourself a favour and look into it, and maybe even get yourself a copy!  The quality of the work is phenomenal.  But as I was saying ... Fan Expo!

So obviously I wanted to hang out with Nick and the gang at their table, and I knew that Luke would undoubtedly want to be a part of this Nerd Fest so I got us some tickets and we made our way there. It was so awesome to see all of the costumes, and nerdlingerdom.  While making our way through the Expo and checking out the market, I passed by this guy who I recognized who was sitting at a table along the perimeter.  I said Hello and he said Hi back.  That's right - Alan Ruck, aka. Cameron from Ferris Bueller's Day Off, said Hi to me.  And of course the celebrities continued.  Kevin Sorbo, Lou Ferrigno, Nicolas Brendon from Buffy who had a Q & A session we were able to attend.

We were also privileged enough to sit in on a session with the incomparable Adam West and Burt Ward - the original (and dare I say most awesome) Batman & Robin.  What was amazing to find out was that Adam West is pretty much the exact same as Mayor West on Family Guy.  You'd think that Mayor West would be an over exaggerated caricature.  Well - not so much!  And the combination of Adam West and Burt Ward together ... well, let's just say that there's a reason why the original Batman Series was as awesome as it was.  Satire at it's best!  

Man - what a great time.  I definitely feel like I was quite nerdy enough for it, but Luke helped me out by keeping me informed.  Hopefully by next year I'll improve on my nerdiness to fit in a bit better.  Maybe I'll even break out into costume with the rest of them!

Celebrity Row!

R2D2 controlled by Captain Hammer!

Game of Thrones!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment