Thursday, April 26, 2012

Apr. 25th: Taking Cats for a Walk!

It's been a long time since I have celebrated the random awesomisms of life.  So I would like to thank the two awesome and silly girls who made me smile tonight.

As I was making my way to the bus stop, I passed by these girls who were waiting for an animal at the corner.  The kept calling out "Come here, Syl. ... Come on. ... Don't go into the street."  I couldn't really see the animal but saw that it was there, and noticed there was no leash.  Like any normal person, I figured that their dog had become distracted and was ignoring them for a bit to sniff something, but had they just kept walking it would catch up eventually.  But no.  They continued to call out the animals name waiting for something change.  Then I walked by and looked to see what was going on and realized "That dog's a cat."  Apparently Syl was short for Sylvester.  Had I been more on the ball I probably could have picked up on the fact that it was a cat earlier.


There are dog people and there are cat people.  As a dog person, I would have thought that one of the perks to being a cat person is that you are not obligated to take your cat on a walk.  That being said, I'm also aware of how much it sucks that cat people can't really take their pets for walks (one of those reasons I'm a dog person).  I admire these girls so much for at least giving it a shot.  But it was pretty hilarious and awesome to hear them calling incessantly for this cat that seemed completely aware of the fact it was being called, but quite obviously didn't care.  It stopped and stared at them for awhile then made a choice to turn away and keep walking down the middle of the street away from them.  The cat went along with his own agenda knowing that they would follow him, which of course they did.  What else can one expect from a cat named Sylvester?  At least there were no birds around at the time.

I give these ladies a solid "A" for effort.  But if I may, I might suggest that next time they stay home to let their cat manipulate them in a confined space.  I can't help but wonder how far Sylvester led them out of their way.

No comments:

Post a Comment