Monday, April 02, 2012

Bonus #7: Past Crafting

Inspired by the upcoming Pinterest Party, I wanted to show off some of my awesome crafting ideas that I surround myself with every day.

The first thing I'd like to show off is the result of my painting party.  Normally a painting party involves a bunch of friends coming over to take out the rollers and repaint the walls.  I wan't sure how long I'd be here so I didn't really want to do that.  What I did want to was cover my walls with love from my friends. So I purchased a bunch of 9 x 9 canvases and four paint colours.  They could put whatever they wanted on the canvas.  The only rule was that they needed to use the paint colours I provided.  Here are some of the paintings.

Another thing I did involved figuring out how to store my jewellery. I was inspired by something my friend Shay had at her place which she had put together.  I thought to myself, "I can make that".  So I did.  I took an old scarf and some frames I had purchased at IKEA thinking I would use them for something.  And here's what happened!


But that wasn't enough.  No.  I wanted some organization (or art) by my desk so I put together a few frames: two with a push bin board in them, and two still with the glass for white board messages.  Right now they're mostly filled with pictures or things I need to have on hand and accessible, but I did make sure to at least leave one of the white boards free.  


So there you go.  Some of my crafting!  Sorry the pictures are crappy.  I've lost the cord to upload pictures from my camera.  Maybe I should put finding it on my to do list.




No comments:

Post a Comment