Monday, April 02, 2012

Apr. 2nd: Accountability!

It's a little ironic that my awesomism for today is about accountability when I did not hold myself accountable to one of my plans for the evening.  But hey - the tired, hungry, and lazier part of me held me accountable to my need to relax and not overdo things.  So that's a win, right???

Okay - well maybe I wasn't good to myself today.  But that's why having friends to hold you accountable is so awesome.  Today happened to be one of those days when Andrea and I had to do the parts of our jobs that we hate most.  Generally we procrastinate until the end of the day (and sometimes the following day) before we actually get it done.  But not today.  We held each other accountable and so the jobs got done and in a timely manner.  AWESOME!  Now we have and updated voicemail and some sweet new signs on our Marquee.

There was one more issue of accountability that needed to happen.  You know how I became addicted to Pinterest?  Well, I'm still addicted, but I have yet to actually follow through on any of the ideas I've pinned.  That needed to change.  Fortunately friend Natalie was smart enough to hold us accountable to our pins by starting a new blog.  And yes - I am going to be contributor.

Welcome to THE PINTEREST TRIALS!  The idea is that a couple of times a month we will be required to follow through on some of our pinterest plans and record the process of trying to recreate the pin.  What was the level of difficulty? How long did it take? How much did it cost? How did the end result compare to what was originally pinned?  I can't wait.  It will be good to be held accountable for my crafting and organization and all that jazz.

And what better way to get the trials going than by having a party.  You want to be held accountable for something?  Host a party that requires it of you.  In doing so I am being held accountable for having a clean apartment, to make a recipe I haven't tried yet, to make a craft I've been dying to get to, and purge and update my wardrobe (which isn't necessary - but I always love a good clothing swap).


Hooray accountability!  Sorry body for not giving you the intense workout you should have received tonight.  But congratulations for the relaxation and planning for future accountability!  I won't let you down again.


No comments:

Post a Comment