Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Apr. 3rd: Anniversaries and Automobiles!

Wow - so much catching up to do.  Can't say I'm surprised based on all of the awesome I've been experiencing.  So April 3rd?  Hmmmm.  What on earth happened that day???  I don't recall anything that important really.  Just a regular two-year anniversary filled with automobiles.

Yeah - so Luke and I have been together two years!  Wow - has the time ever flown by.  April 3rd is one of those days now where I will always think of it with a bit of an "Ew" quickly followed by a very long "Awwwwwww".  If you are wondering why the 'ew' then I might refresh your memory by directing you to my blog post about bad smells and fond memories.  The one thing I can guarantee is that neither Luke or I will ever forget our anniversary.

So what do you do for a two-year anniversary?  Well according to Luke, you send your girlfriend a funny 'test the waters' text asking her if she might be interested in going on a nice romantic trip to the autoshow. He's charming enough and I'm awesome enough that his water testing worked.  Luke comes with me to so many plays, that I had recently been thinking that I need to make more time to go with him to the things he loves.  I knew the autoshow was coming up but I thought it was only on during the weekend when we were planning on being away.  But it turned out that the opening night was on our anniversary.  Do I know much if anything about cars? Nope.  But I was really excited to learn.  So I was actually excited to spend our anniversary at the autoshow.  I know what you're thinking ... and yes, I am an awesome girlfriend.

To his credit, Luke still brought me a dozen roses before we headed out.  Hey - he's not completely unromantic.  And then it was off to the show!  And you know what?  It was pretty darn awesome.  I know about so many different engines now, curb weights, fuel-efficiencies, handling, and some other things Luke was talking about with the sellers.  I sat myself down behind the wheels of some nice cars, and as always my eyes lit up as soon as I got behind the wheel of the Fiat.  Even more than when I sat in the Mazda MX5 (aka. Miata) which was my favourite car.  Turns out that there might be a new favourite!

What a great night!  What a great two years!  Who knew walking around and being sold about cars from all of the major dealers could be so much fun?  Luke apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment