Monday, April 16, 2012

Apr. 12th: On the other side of the Table!

So we made it.  The director flew in at around 9:15 and made it to the theatre around 9:45.  Auditions started at 10am.  It was a relaxing morning, with a generous lunch break, and then a tightly packed afternoon with auditions going until 6:30pm.  Two shows needed to be cast, so there wasn't any time to waste.  We got down to business right away.

I LOVE audition days.  It is such an awesome experience being on the other side of the table for auditions.  Perhaps my love of these has something to do with the fact that I do not have to be the one to make the decisions.  All I have to do is make sure the schedule is adhered to, and then sit back and enjoy the performances.  And when it comes to auditions you are generally seeing some of the best parts of scripts, being performed by some of the best actors in town.  How is that not awesome?

The fact that we were auditioning for two shows, and one of those shows needed all roles to be filled with actors who need to aged differently from the characters they portray - yeah, that was a bit crazy.  It's also what resulted in an insanely long day of auditions and led to a rushed clean up to make our theatre look like a performance space again, and not an audition room.  But it was so great to see SO many amazing actors come in to audition for a brilliant director and a genius playwright.

Again ... this is my job???  Yes, yes it is.  This is what I do to make my living.  And I love it!  I think this is one of those moments when Andrea would say "Life Is A Gift."  And she'd be right!

No comments:

Post a Comment