Monday, April 23, 2012

Apr. 20th: My Tricities Family!

Every once in a while I have these moments when I cannot believe how fortunate I am to have the friends I have.  I have a great group of friends in Vancouver who I know I can count on for pretty well anything.  I still have an amazing group of friends from growing up in Ontario who, despite our distance our scattering around the continent, still remain some of the best friends I will ever have.  And in only a short year of doing improv in Port Coquitlam, I now have this group of people in the Tricities area who I really consider to be a family.

It's amazing.  As I was sitting around the table celebrating another great show, the thought crossed my mind that our cast has only been together since October, but I seriously cannot remember my life without these people.  Some of them I've known since I was first introduced to Second Storey Theatre (January 2011), but most of them I only came to know since the beginning of Sudden Death Improv.  It's crazy to think that I've become so close with these people in such a short time, even though I'm still learning so much about each of them. But when you think about it it makes complete sense.

What's the one thing that is required above all else in improv?  TRUST!  Trust in your partners that they will accept your offers, just as you accept theirs.  Trust that if a scene needs help that someone will be there to help you out.  Trust that you are all there to help each other succeed!  Where else can you ever find so much trust?  I'm sure there are actual families out there who do not have as much trust in their relationships as we do as fellow improv cast members.

I don't know what I did to be so lucky to have so many amazing, hilarious, intelligent, and caring people in my life.  I've probably mentioned before just how great the Sudden Death Improv Cast is and how much I love them all - but it's worth repeating!  Thank you all for including me in the family.  I look forward to welcoming new members to fam after the next round of auditions.

No comments:

Post a Comment