Monday, April 16, 2012

Apr. 13th: Lucky Friday the 13th!

Is it just me or has this year had a lot of Friday the 13ths so far?  Well I think I've said it before, but I'll say it again.  I don't believe in the superstition of Friday the 13th.  Or many other superstitions.  Though I do always say "Bless You" after a sneeze and I almost always knock on wood when applicable.  But since knowing my Dad was born on Friday the 13th, that day has always seemed like a lucky day to me.  And today was no different.

I was able to finish catching up on a bunch of work.  We had a beautiful sun shiney day.  And I went to see a show!  That right there is an AWESOME day.  I don't know if it was luck that made Friday so great, but I do know that there was no bad luck coming in to ruin my day.  So whether good luck, or just a continuation of the awesomeness, this Friday was fantastic.

... Fun Fact: I just found out that one of the theories of why Friday the 13th is unlucky is actually a reference to Judas being the 13 member at the table for the Last Supper supposedly happening on Good Friday. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure how that timing works out but it's still really interesting.  Especially since there were two shows taking place in Vancouver this Friday the 13th that were about Judas.  ... Coincidence?  

No comments:

Post a Comment