Friday, April 13, 2012

Apr. 8th: A Happy Nostalgic Easter


After a rainy night spent sleeping in a nice dry new tent, we woke up fairly late to a nice dry morning.  We enjoyed a leisurely breakfast then made our way back to the bay front to enjoy in some of Luke's childhood funtimes.  What you might not expect is that New Port has a Ripley's Believe It Or Not, Wax Museum, and Undersea Gardens in the bay front area.  So obviously we needed to check these places out. It's pretty funny hearing a 6'5" man saying "I remember things being a lot bigger and more epic when I was a kid." ... ya think?  I knew what he meant, but it didn't change the fact that it still sounded hilarious and awesome.  Especially since all of those places were still epic and awesome!

Then it was time to enjoy some more of the coast line before making a fire to make up for the previous evening's error.  I took a little walk to the beach right next to our campsite while Luke took a little nap.  (Again - I promise to put the photos up once I find/replace my cable.)  Once Luke woke up we took a bit of a drive down to Moolack Beach.  Beautiful and awesome.

After enjoying the beach we went back to the campsite, made our fire, and cooked our Easter dinner.  I definitely missed the classic turkey dinner with the whole family.  But if I couldn't have the big family meal, I was more than happy to replace it with the spider dogs cooked over a fire, and roasted marshmallows for dessert.  For the record, if you have not made spider dogs while camping then you have been missing out.  Get on that, would ya!  Just quarter the ends of your dog, roast it, and enjoy the awesomeness!

What a great way to spend Easter.  No easter egg hunt, or big family gathering.  But there was still a lot of love and the enjoyment of celebrating the end of a fairly successful lent.  Welcome back sweets!  I've missed you.

No comments:

Post a Comment