Wednesday, May 02, 2012

Apr. 30th: Reasons to Smile

Who would have thought that tax day would come with so many reasons to smile?  Taxes done (by myself for the first time ever, with a pretty little return coming my way), a surprise visit from a friend which included the delivery of delicious muffins, an extremely efficient meeting that was expected to last much longer.  But my favourite and most awesome thing from Monday was an incident that totally blew my mind.

I have to be careful here as I want to remain respectful to all parties, so I'm going to intentionally skip on the details and just sum things up with the following:

You know those people in your life who you come across and they blow you away with just how amazing they are.  You hold them up with such admiration that you begin to feel inferior not because of a loss of self esteem, but because you've determined that their level of awesomeness is so beyond your own.  Now imagine the feeling when that person who you've got placed on that pedestal comes right out of no where to tell you that they think you're awesome!

Yup - that was my Monday!  Not just awesome.  MINDBLOWING!!!  I'm still kind of in a state of disbelief, but it's a welcomed feeling.  Unexpected messages of admiration should be sent more often!

No comments:

Post a Comment