Sunday, May 27, 2012

May 25th: Show Tune Numbers!

I was generally a pretty decent math student.  I have never really had an issue with numbers.  We've always gotten along.  We seem to understand each other pretty well and through that comes a lot of respect.  That being said, when I have to spend a full day dealing with numbers I tend to get pretty exhausted by the end of it.  Nothing against 'em.  It's just that my brain can only handle so much. What's awesome is discovering a cure to help them be a little less exhausting.  The cure: SHOW TUNES!!!

As soon as I started on the number work the exhaustion started to kick-in.  So I put on my music, hoping that might help. Eventually a song from Hairspray came on, and my mood immediately lifted.  Dealing with numbers all of a sudden became fun!  So I listened to the rest of album.  Then Rent.  Then 25th Annual Putnum County Spelling Bee.  All the while, dealing with calculations, spreadsheets, and countless digits.

Sure it was still a bit tiring, but I'll blame that on the solitude in the office and trying to multitask while spending a day on numbers.  Otherwise, I'd say numbers and I are on our way to becoming best buds ... so long as we're accompanied by show tunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment