Monday, May 14, 2012

May 11th: Beach and Bon Fires!

Another great day at the conference.  Lots learned yet again, but instead of going on and on about every little thing that I learned I'm going to indulge in the off times off the conference.

In addition to be excited about coming back to Ontario for the conference and getting the ability to visit with family, I was really REALLY excited to spend a bit of time on the beach in Grand Bend.  Up until Friday I had not made it to the beach, but finally the sun was up and I had a bit of spare day time when I wasn't filling my head full of information, and I decided to take a walk to the beach.  I don't think I realized just how much I missed the Great Lakes.  This is the water I grew up with.  I love the ocean, but these huge bodies of fresh water are absolutely amazing and gorgeous.  After dinner I even managed to catch the sunset which was stunning with those beautiful red tones.  Definitely a sailor's delight kind of night.

As if that wasn't enough I headed back for a bit more information then made the way to the bon fire.  To be honest it wasn't much of a bon fire.  When I hear 'bon fire' I think of this massive campfire.  This was a slightly larger than usual fire pit, with lots of seating around it.  Fortunately there were two campfires.  One with no remaining seating around it, and one that was a wee bit neglected.  So a few of us formed the working group fire and brought it back to life, and stayed up talking well past when we thought we would.

I cannot express enough just how much I love these conferences and the people who attend them.  Such a great time!


No comments:

Post a Comment