Monday, May 07, 2012

May 7th: Mother/Daughter Besties

I had the fortune of spending my evening with 3 amazing women: my Mom, my best friend Leah, and her Mom.  I'm spoiled rotten because I grew up with two close friends who I have known almost my whole life and I am still great friends with to this day. What's so special about Leah is that I can legitimately say that I have known her for HER entire life, because our friendship grew out of the fact that our mothers were best friends.  So it's only natural that it ran in the family.  

Growing up, one of the things I always looked forward to was our back-to-school shopping trip, when Leah, Darlene, my Mom and I would go to the mall, get some school fashions and enjoy a nice lunch out together.  I don't recall when this tradition ended, but I'm pretty sure it was around the time I went off to Montreal for University ... but maybe it even went beyond that.  All I know is that since I've been living in Vancouver I have really missed hanging out with these women.  Every time we get together I have so much fun and my heart becomes filled with joy.  Unfortunately I don't get to see them very often.  But much to my delight (and dismay) next year is a big year in all of our lives, so you know what that means? ... VACATION!

Oh - it's going to happen.  I don't know when yet.  I'm likely going to have to take some time off during the season which I do my best to avoid - but this is just unavoidable.  These women raised me and inspired me to be who I am.  I cannot be more thrilled to have them in my life and celebrate these landmarks with a vacation away together.  It's about time!  I cannot wait.  

But that's a whole year away.  Fortunately I'll see them all well before that.  Like in a week.  Have I mentioned yet how awesome it is to be visiting friends and family right now?  Because it really REALLY is!  Love you ladies!

Me and the lovely Leah.  And yes, I totally stole this picture from Leah's Blog.

1 comment:

  1. i love you so much! and can't wait to drink mojitos on a beach and suntan with you ... shenanigans will definitely follow up down south! xoxo

    ReplyDelete