Saturday, May 05, 2012

May 3rd: Adapting to the Idiocy

Sometimes I can be a total idiot!  Yes - I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.  You'd think I would have a grasp of this scheduling thing by now, but somehow I managed to double-book myself on a night when I had scheduled myself to work.

I don't know why I didn't make a note of the fact that I was working.  I also don't know why I would schedule myself to work an evening shift on the already busy week before I was leaving for Ontario.   But I did.  And therefore I had to show up. After all - who would cover for me otherwise?

So I adapted to my own idiocy and sucked it up and got ready for an even longer day.  And I am so glad I did.  It was great to be there for the first public performance of the show.  Also it was nice to be the one in the box office dealing with the stupid issues of the pay-what-you-can performance.  I am kind of glad that I was such an idiot.  And because I was on so much adrenaline after the show I was able to stay up a bit to do the packing I still needed to do.

It's probably a good thing that I know how to adapt to my own idiocy.  Because I know that it's not going to go away any time soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment