Thursday, May 17, 2012

May 15th: Caring so much!

I really hope that crying publicly in an airport is socially acceptable, because if it isn't than I owe a number of people an apology.  After spending some last moments of my Ontario visit with my Mom, brother, sister-in-law, niece, and brand-new nephew I spent the remainder of the day moping about having to leave.  I think I was ready to leave Ancaster and head back to work, but saying good-bye to the family was something else all together.  It's very clear to me at this point, that it will never get easier.

So what's so awesome about feeling so sad?  Well, to answer that I have to reference something which might disappoint a few of my readers - SOUTH PARK.  I wish I could say that this reference is shameful, except that I am well aware of just how brilliant Trey Parker and Matt Stone can be, and this example is no different.  In the episode when Wendy breaks up with Stan, he goes into this intense emotional state which he can't get out of.  In this same episode Butters gets into a relationship that dramatically ends, leaving Butters crushed as well.  The now uberly depressed goth Stan sees Butters crying on the side of the street about his failed relationship and tries to make things better by recruiting him to be one of the bitter goth kids, which Butters declines.  He declines because even though he's upset about the break-up he's actually really happy that he was fortunate enough to care about something so much that the loss of it could make him so upset.  ... And thus turns Stans life around too.

Love in all its forms is both great and challenging.  As I've said a million times, it doesn't matter how far away I am from my family, the distance will never change just how much I love them.  What it will do is continuously create this pain anytime I have to say good-bye to them.  Is it worth it?  Absolutely!  So much so that this pain has just affirmed my need to see them again in August.  I look forward to the wonderful times to come, as well as the imminent tears upon the farewell!

No comments:

Post a Comment