Friday, May 25, 2012

May 23rd: Hopped up on Marvel!

After spending last night being impressed with the movie Thor, and blown away by Captain America (helloooooooo Chris Evans), it was finally time for the big event: The Avengers.  I never knew too much about The Avengers.  My brothers definitely read comics growing up, but I don't recall The Avengers being one of the regulars in their collection.  And now that I've seen the movie, I wonder if that was a mistake.

The movie was so freaking good!  Maybe it's just the actors, and the director, and the special effects, but the movie was just plain awesome.  Everything about it was epic, and the comedy ... oh, the comedy!  I was worried that no one would be able to keep up with the comedy exuded by Robert Downey Jr.  Oh, how wrong I was!  I'm almost glad that it had been several years since any Hulk movie, because it gave enough time for people to forget about them and maybe even convince themselves that the Hulk would be a lesser character in the movie.  Also the fact that he was the only Avenger being played by an actor who did not play the character in a previous movie.  Well thank you Mark Ruffalo for turning things around and doing things right!

It's now technically Friday and I feel like I'm still on this Marvel high.  I really REALLY want to go out and see this movie again as soon as I get the chance.  Is that weird?  .... Who cares?  Who wants to go see The Avengers with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment