Monday, May 14, 2012

May 13th: A Mother's Day with Moms!

I've been thinking and doing the math and as far as I can tell I have not spent a Mother's Day with my own mother for at least 6 years!  That's ridiculous!  I have called her and maybe even sent some flowers, but I haven't actually been able to be with her to let her know how much I love her in person.  Fortunately this year I was able to spend the day with her - and what a day.

It started off with a Mother's Day brunch at the yacht club, compliments of Papa John (thanks Dad)! It was a three course breakfast that was absolutely delicious.  Just Mom, Mike, and myself.  As per usual, Michael and I acted like children at breakfast, because it just wouldn't be a family brunch without some immaturity. And as usual, Mom shook her head in embarrassment and dare I say pride in knowing we can might be older, but we're still as much fun as always.  I think it was the perfect reminder to our Mom as to the kind of family she raised.

After brunch I immediately went to my next meal to hang out with high school friends.  It wasn't a long lunch but it was necessary.  I miss these ladies so much!!!  Then it was back home to spend time with the rest of the family - by which I mean, Gramma, my Aunt, cousins and their families.

There a lot of mothers in my life who really inspire me, and I think I spent the day with the majority of them.  These women are all amazing and have raised spectacular families.  I think the fact that we are all still so close goes to show how much these mothers have instilled family values on everyone. I can only hope that whenever the day comes that I become a mother that I can remember all of the things that these women have taught me.  These women deserve more than just one day a year, but I'm glad that I could be at least be there with them on the one day that was meant for them!

To Moms everywhere - THANK YOU!  You're awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment