Thursday, May 10, 2012

May 9th: Grand Bend!

And so begins the purpose of my trip home.  Fortunately I have a very supportive and generous mother who was able to lend me the car meaning I could spend as much time with family as possible and still make it to Grand Bend on time for the theatre conference.  So I woke up bright and early packed my bags and drove off to Lake Huron.

I cannot express enough how nice it was to be back behind the wheel of the car.  As soon as I realize that I haven't driven in nearly a year (save for this brief moment when I was learning how to drive standard) I get a little panicked that maybe I have forgotten how to do it.  But as soon as I backed out of the driveway I immediately felt great.  I was apprehensive about not really knowing where I was going, but I had my directions with me and I was ready for the adventure that laid before me.  I made great timing and got in just in time for the tail end of the first-timers breakfast and then it was off to the Board meeting and the beginning of a very eventful day.

It's great to be back here with so many great people who are all fighting for the same cause.  It's only once a year that we all get together, but it's such a treat when we do.  Not only do I get to catching up on what's happening in the industry, but I get to catch up on what's happening with the individuals.  And that's pretty darn awesome!  I'm so happy to be here in Grand Bend with these fine folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment