Saturday, May 05, 2012

May 4th: Being the Bearer of Good News!

I know I should not be surprised by how quickly time seems to fly by, but I really am.  I seriously cannot believe that we are already at the point in the season when we open our last show before heading into summer holidays.  But here we are! The opening night of 100 Saints You Should Know.

As with all of our opening nights we give our artists a little gift to show our appreciation and to wish them a great performance a great run.  But unlike most other openings, I was able to tack on an extra special gift to our artists this time around.  It's funny because I often get to be the bearer of good news in my job when I give our artists a call to ask them to work for us, but that is often followed up by my having to tell others that they didn't get roles - which really just balances everything out again.  But this time being able to just give the good news without having to dish out any bad, was just awesome.  

I think I will forever have the reactions from my announcement imprinted in my mind.  I think if you tell anyone that they will be making more money than they had originally expected, you'll get a pretty fantastic reaction.  But tell that to an artist and you get pure elation!  

What a great way to open our final show of the season!  Final main stage show at least.  There's still lots more to come before vacation time.

 


No comments:

Post a Comment