Monday, July 18, 2011

July 17th: Second Winds!!

I am going to do something I probably shouldn't.  I'm going to dedicate my July 17th blog to something that technically happened on the 18th.  But here's why!

This evening was spent doing the lighting hang and focus for the summer shows taking place at Pacific Theatre, which includes the upcoming Whirlwind Theatre Production of  Compassion For Killers.  We started at around 7:30 and finished hanging all of the lights around 11:30pm, at which point we moved on to focusing the lights which we knew would take another two hours at least.  After already doing a solid 4 hours of work that scares the heck out of me I was pretty exhausted and was not sure if I was ready to keep going.  But sure enough I just kept plowing through, and then all of a sudden, shortly after midnight, it hit me.  That gloriously refreshing SECOND WIND!  

I love second winds. It's that beautiful thing that happens when you come so close to crashing, but at the last second your body takes a hold of the wheel and steers you away from danger, giving you the adrenaline needed to both do your job and turn the job into a party.  

Tonight we celebrated that party with some krumping, and other forms of ridiculous dance. All in all, the job got done and it was a really fun night.  But now that the wind has died down again, I'm going to briefly enjoy something else that's pretty awesome - SLEEP!  

No comments:

Post a Comment