Friday, July 08, 2011

July 7th: The Bittersweet Ending of a Beautiful Tragedy

Tonight was the closing night of The Verona Project - an adaptation of Romeo and Juliet that I was privileged to be a part of.  Ending a show is always tough because you realize that it is highly unlikely that you will ever perform the show again.  All the work from rehearsals, performances and the time spent making new friends, eventually comes to the moment when you just have to walk away and appreciate what was.  Of course it's sad, but that's kind of what makes the moment so beautiful.  Much like the end of any good tragedy.  A big thank you to all the cast and crew of The Verona Project, especially Evan who was kind enough to invite me to be in the show.  It took some courage and I can't thank you enough for the support.  I'll miss you all!

Fortunately my moment with the Bard isn't over quite yet.  There is one more Shakespeare project that I am working on right now - which is a little more joyful than Romeo & Juliet.  Time to turn that frown upside down and focus on the comedy!  News about the Shrew to come soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment