Saturday, July 02, 2011

July 1st: CANADA IS AWESOME!

And so we begin the journey of my next project of reporting on my daily optimisms... or awesomisms as I might choose to call them!  After reading The Book Of Awesome by Neil Pasricha I was inspired to spend at least a full year of my life acknowledging at least one positive experience every day.  And because of the awesomeness that is February 29th - that's 366 days of looking on the bright side.  And what better way to start this challenge than by celebrating the biggest thing I can think of:  CANADA.

I started the celebrations at Lonsdale Quay in a VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir performance.  The crowd took a little more time than usual to get into the groove, but eventually most folks tried to get those shackles of their feet so they could dance.  And in the end - they succeeded.

We then grabbed some lunch and beavertails from the Lonsdale Quay market, then got back on that seabus to celebrate Canada at (wait for it ...) Canada Place.  The olympic torch was lit as part of the celebration, so I finally took my opportunity to get a picture with the it, and managed to do so without the fence around it.

It was a fantastic day and a great way to spend the Holiday.  Thank you CANADA for being my first awesomism!  I can't wait to see what tomorrow brings.

No comments:

Post a Comment