Tuesday, July 19, 2011

July 18th: A new metaphorical hat!

Today I took on a new role that I've never taken on in my theatre career.  I became a costume designer/builder.  It was really fun and scary to try on this new hat - so to speak.  Okay, okay - so it was just one pair of cotton knit shorts that I had to make, but still - I was pretty darn proud of myself.  I haven't sewn any clothing since high school - and I have never done it without a premade pattern.  Thankfully I had the very talented and wise Shalyn McFaul by my side to help me through everything.  Her sewing expertise definitely came in handy.  

But in the end, it was me who got behind the pedal of my sewing machine and turned four pieces of fabric into one pair of shorts.  And I think that's pretty awesome!  Hooray for this awesome new hat I've found.  I think I might clean it off a bit before I put it on again, but for now it's pretty neat just having it around.


No comments:

Post a Comment