Saturday, July 09, 2011

July 8th: Happy Birthday Mom!

Mom's are just awesome.  Especially when they are yours and they happen to be celebrating a birthday.  Several years ago on July 8th the woman who was later to give birth to me was being born.  I can't thank my Mom enough for everything she's done for me.  I am the woman I am because of her.  She made sure I knew how to spell words correctly without having to rely on a spell check; she gave me the most amazing sweet tooth the world has ever known; and she always made sure I noticed the positive female role models in my life - often referring to other women, while I was busy noticing her.  So today's shout-out goes to my Mom, for not just giving me life, but for making it a happy and fulfilling one.  Love you lots Mom!!! xoxoxo

2 comments:

  1. i hope that your mommio had an amazing birthday. my mom's birthday is just a few days away as well ... almost seems unbelievable that two great women are born so close together, and had two daughters who grew up equally as close!

    oh the joys of the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Agreed! Wish your mom a Happy Birthday for me!

    ReplyDelete