Monday, July 04, 2011

July 3rd: Elementary Food Habits!

I generally like to think I am a responsible and reliable adult.  But I also know that I still love to act and eat like a child whenever I feel I can get away with it.  Like today - when I needed to grab a bite of food for lunch from the local corner store.  As it was only a corner store, there really wasn't a whole lot of choice, but had I looked hard enough I'm sure I could have found prewrapped muffins, rice crackers, a dusty container of peanut butter, and maybe even an apple.  But no - I went for one of the most delicious and convenient things that I remember eating in elementary school: Dry Mr. Noodles!!!  Even as I grabbed the packet I could hear my mother saying "But it will give you worms" and I could imagine my fellow adult cast mates saying "Really? Mr. Noodles? What, are you 5?"  But none of that mattered because I knew it would be worth it.  And sure enough when I made it back to rehearsal, the only comment I heard was: "Dry Mr. Noodles?  NICE!  I used to eat that all the time."  So thank you 10 year old me, for taking charge in that brief moment and making my day great!

1 comment:

  1. I can't tell you how long it has been since I had a Mr.Noodles - dry or otherwise! And, as for getting worms - we have never got them yet!

    YAY- YOU ARE AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete