Sunday, July 24, 2011

July 24th: Indulging in New Discoveries!

Every so often, I like to indulge in the finer things in life.  And most often when I indulge, I indulge in food.  After our show today a few of us went out to BierCraft for some delicious drinks and tapas.  I had never been to BierCraft before but new they served a wide selection of beers and tapas.

When I looked at the menu, I found so many delicious beers and foods that were completely new to me, and many that I had already experienced and known were awesome.  This time around, I intentionally tried to pick items that I had never tried before and that would go decently together.  I decided to go for the Fruli Beer (strawberry beer), and their Arancini - pictured below.


This picture is of delicious roasted vegetable risotto balls with a balsamic reduction, sweet chili sauce, and parsley oil.  This food combined with the strawberry beer can be summed up in two words: DELICIOUS and AWESOME!  The experience of this evening was just an affirmation that I should keep challenging myself to try new things, because I'll never know what amazingness is just waiting around the corner - or in this case, in the kitchen!  

No comments:

Post a Comment