Thursday, October 13, 2011

Oct. 12th: That uncomfortable feeling of comfort!

Today really was not anything to write home about - but since I have dedicated myself to this project, I am going to write about it anyway.  It was pretty much just an ordinary day.  Went to work, did some stuff, caught up on a number of things, got ahead on some upcoming projects too.  Finished the "to do" list and then some.  Then I went home to have a nice relaxing night to myself.  Had some dinner, did some laundry.  Like I said - nothing to write home about.

However I spent today feeling pretty darn good, which somehow made me uncomfortable.  It seems often when I feel good, it is inevitably followed by the feeling that something has to be wrong.  But work seems to be on track or in some ways even ahead of schedule, I am excited for all of the social events I have coming up, and I feel great after having just spent some time with my family.  I think the word most people would use to describe this feeling would be serenity.  Though, for some reason this serenity makes me feel kind of uncomfortable.  I guess I am so used to operating in more of a crisis situation, that an extended period of calmness kinda creeps me out and makes me think that I am completely overlooking something.  Maybe I am - but even if that's the case I feel like I'm at a point in my life and career in which I can handle it whenever I figure out what is missing.  So what's the big deal?

While this uncomfortable feeling I'm having might not desirable, it does fulfill the great purpose of making me realize how content I am at the moment.  And that's pretty awesome!  I guess it goes to show that a little discomfort can sometimes be a good thing.


No comments:

Post a Comment