Friday, October 21, 2011

Oct. 20th: Two times the tragedy!

There are a couple of awesome things to be grateful for today.  First and foremost - friends who are willing to drive you out to Langley to see some theatre.  The other thing is the ability to see a play being done, only months after being in it.

Trinity Western University opened its first show of the season with Romeo & Juliet.  For those who don't remember, in July (when I just started this whole blogging thing) I was just finishing off THE VERONA PROJECT, which was also an adaptation of R&J.  So I'm still at the point where I can remember all of my lines from the show, which made the viewing experience very interesting.  It was a luxury to compare and contrast the shows.  Granted, I technically never really saw the show I was in - as I was busy performing in it.  So when I watched the moment tonight when Romeo and Juliet saw each other for the first time, and was taken aback by how beautifully performed and directed it was, I couldn't help but wonder if ours managed to have that same affect.

What I do know is that the TWU production was very well put together.  The direction was great (as was to be expected by award-winning director Angela Konrad) and the performances were extremely impressive.  It was definitely worth the trip out to Langley for this one.  I'm just so glad that I had a ride!!!

Sarah Ruth and Mark Fleming as Juliet and Romeo

No comments:

Post a Comment