Saturday, October 22, 2011

Oct. 21st: This is what I get paid to do!

Okay - I know that I have mentioned that I love my job a LOT in my blog, but for good reason.  Friday evening epitomized not only why I love working for Pacific Theatre specifically, but the whole reason I chose to study theatre in the first place.

When I finally made the decision to study theatre in University it was because I wanted to be a part of a creative process.  There are so many stories that need to shared, and so many talented artists to tell them, all I ever wanted was to be a witness to the experience of watching a story go from concept to fruition.  With the Pacific Theatre and Horseshoes & Hand Grenades Theatre co-production of Re:Union, I got my wish.  To have attended what I recall was the first (or one of the first) public readings of the play, then watching the cast and crew toil over the show in workshops and rehearsals, it was especially amazing to see the final product on its feet last night!  And despite my already high expectations for the show, it was even more thrilling to watch the show exceed whatever expectations I already had.

I feel like I really cannot take much claim on this project at all, as I really had nothing to do with the production itself.  I never stressed over projectors, lights, cameras, live feed, seemingly simple set designs, script changes, and the 400+ cues it took to make the show work.  All I did was sign a few contracts and send some e-mails to make sure we were on track with everything.  But, again - just being a witness to this process was enough for me.  I could not be more proud of everyone who brought this extremely relevant story to life, in the most beautiful and compelling way possible. I've said it before and I'll say it again - I LOVE MY JOB!!!

Alexa Devine and Evan Frayne as Emily and Norman Morrison in Re:Union. (Photo by Ron Reed.)

No comments:

Post a Comment