Thursday, October 06, 2011

Oct. 5th: Feeling the Burn!

As I suspected after Tuesdays workout - I spent the majority of today feeling pretty darn sore.  Some of the pain is coming from me doing a lot of things wrong yesterday.  The Capoeira instructor did tell me that I would hurt my back if I didn't arch it properly in the stance from which all other moves derived.  Apparently I never really got the knack of that stance from what my back is telling me.

On the other hand, a good amount of the pain is coming from some of my muscles that had very clearly been neglected and needed some rejuvenation.  My quads are probably the most confused right now.  They have barely been used since March, and then they spent a consecutive two and half hours being engaged in some physical activity?  My butt is also wondering why it was all of the sudden needed to do some work after it has spent so long sitting around doing nothing.  I think there is only one word to sum up how my butt and thigh muscles are feeling right now: USED!

I don't blame them for giving me the harsh feedback.  I deserve it.  I admit that I haven't treated them right for a while, but I sincerely hope to get them back in the game and make them feel loved, appreciated, and useful.  I will do my best to make things right again.  I just hope that they can learn to forgive me.  Either way - it's still nice to know they're there for me when I need them. Welcome back friends!  It's been a while!

1 comment:

  1. you make me laugh, out loud, every day! looking forward to seeing you and your sore muscles this thanksgiving weekend my love. xo

    ReplyDelete