Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Oct. 24th: Whistler Ruckus!

Every year our staff takes a trip to some amazing cabin to have a staff retreat where we convene to get to know our apprentices more and plan for the year ahead.  These locations are always offered by some major donors of the company and the cabins are absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful.  The last few years the staff retreat has been on Bowen Island, but this year we made our way up to Whistler and it was so much fun.

In addition to getting to know each others strengths better and determining some of the major projects we each wanted to work on for the year ahead, we had a lot of fun playing games, partaking in great conversation, and causing a ruckus in Whistler Village.  Here's a video of just some of the ruckus I caused in Whistler.


Okay - so this might be a bit pathetic, but it does not include my stealing/'asking permission from the owner who interrupted my borrowing" of a skateboard that I was not allowed to ride in the village.  Nor did it include my interrupting some guys who were planking so that I could join their picture by owling with them.  It also did not include the eventual take over of the playground near one of the entrances to the village.  All I know is that the trip to the village was AWESOME, as was the entire retreat.  It is just too bad that I don't have the video trailer that Frank made on iMovie from all of the footage he gathered this weekend.  It's pretty epic!

No comments:

Post a Comment