Monday, October 03, 2011

Oct 3rd: A True Knight!!

Tonight's blog is dedicated to an amazing man: my Grampa.  His dedication to his wife, family, and country is indescribable.  I cannot thank him enough for allowing me to have the life and values I have today.  Truly - I would not be here if it weren't for him (and a few other essential parties I suppose).

Here are a few of my favourite things about Grampa:

  • His love for solitaire
  • His chair/spot on the couch
  • The smile on his face whenever the family got together
  • The way he wore his Christmas Cracker crown
  • The times we shared playing games on his Commodore 64
  • His graduation process before any of us kids could swim in the deep end of the pool (swimming two widths of the pool under water still gives me an extreme sense of pride)
  • His refusal to let his hindered mobility stop him from doing things
  • His love for driving and the level of frustration he had when he realized that his driving days were over
  • His willingness to go to war to fight for our freedom
  • His stories about his time in the war
  • The joy we experienced after seeing a friend of mine perform her solo show honouring WWII veterans at his alma mater 
  • His encouragement of our dreams (no matter how crazy)
  • His love for adventure, even if it weren't his
  • His infectious laugh
  • His appreciation for a fart joke - no matter what his age
  • The kiss he shared with my Gramma on their 50th Wedding Anniversary
  • The overwhelming love he had for his family
Grampa - you were truly an amazing man and I am so grateful to have had you as one of the major influences in my life.  I may be fierce with the fierce as a Chisholm, but it was you who made me a Knight.  May I honour the name and family pride as greatly as you did.  I love you so much Grampa and will miss you deeply!  Rest peacefully, George Knight!


No comments:

Post a Comment