Saturday, October 08, 2011

Oct. 8th: Surprise Celebrations!

I know that there are some people out there who really do not like surprises, but I absolutely love them.  Whether I'm receiving them, giving them, or am just part of one I always think that they are the best things ever.  So being able to enjoy my afternoon surprising one of my best friends at her bridal shower put together by her awesome Mom and new husband was amazing.

It was a great shower.  No silly games or anything that we knew she wouldn't like.  There was some gift-giving which included what I consider to be the best gift of all: the Bump It.  For those who haven't seen the infomercial, the Bump It is a plastic curved piece that is placed on the top of your head for you to comb your hair over, to make it look you have more volume than you do.  It's like a mini beehive, but  more modern - supposedly.  I am excited for Jenn to rock her new conehead look in Louisianna and be the most stylin' lady around. That gift pretty much summed up the tone of the party.  Nothing serious.  Just a bunch of friends getting together, catching up, and sharing some laughs.  And of course talking about the riotous times that we will be having when we go down to New Orleans for the wedding.  Exactly the kind of party it should have been.



Sadly I had to leave a little earlier than I might have liked, but for the good reason of spending time with my immediate family during a difficult time.  But it was great seeing the whole family together again.  As usual it was hilarious and filled with a lot of love and mockery - just the way I like it.  And we shared some fond memories of a man we loved dearly.  It was nothing special but I hope that we fulfilled his wishes of remembering him with laughter and joy.  Because there was a lot of that this evening - and today in general.

Any day filled with friends, family, and laughter is an awesome day in my book!  And a great way to celebrate my 100th blog post!  I can't wait to find out what the next hundred will be about.





  

No comments:

Post a Comment