Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct. 16th: A Day of Rest?!?!

I have heard that Sunday is supposed to be a day of rest for lots of people.  Clearly I have not grasped this concept.  Because after a very short trip to the island I managed to book myself in for a jam-packed and awesome Sunday.

It all started with my leaving my house around 9:30am to head to Port Coquitlam for my first improv workshop as a resident cast member at Second Storey Theatre (which just so happens to be the Good News that I was not able to share before hand).  The workshop was fantastic and included some great new exercises that I had never tried before.  Then it was time to make the long trip back to Vancouver for choir rehearsal, which was amazing as always.  Immediately following choir rehearsal I then made my way to Kitsilano to audition to be in a web series episode that I am REALLY looking forward to shooting this coming weekend.  And finally I was able to end my busy day of commuting and artsy fun times with an evening of dancing and adventures at Natalie's place.  It was there where I got to try out her Kinect - which was also extremely awesome.  Any technology that can superimpose you into a dance video on your TV is freaking amazing.  Plus - it's a really fun way to work out - so that's a bonus.

Look Mom,  I'm on TV!

All in all, I probably spent a total of 5 - 6 hours on Sunday just commuting to all of the crazy fun activities I had planned, but it was totally worth it.  I finally got home around midnight after being out of the house for a total of 14.5 hours.  While being out of my house for that long isn't uncommon for me, it is fairly uncommon that it would happen on a Sunday.  I now have a greater appreciation for Sunday being a day of rest.  It doesn't mean it's going to happen - but at least I can appreciate it now.



No comments:

Post a Comment