Friday, October 07, 2011

Oct. 6th: The long ride home!

After a productive day at work, and an evening spent cleaning and relaxing, it was great to end the day with a trip to the airport for a long ride back to Ontario to be with family for the Thanksgiving holidays.  As per usual, I took the red eye which left at 11:15pm to arrive in Toronto at 6:45am.  I know a lot of people hate taking the red eye but I actually kind of like it.  I would rather travel over night and forego a little bit of sleep, than give up the better portion of my day travelling.

This time around I might not have slept as much as I usually do.  A bright light, middle seat, and squeaky chihuahua may or may not have been the cause of that.  Fortunately I was able to make the most of it by catching up on some crappy movies.  I was pretty exhausted, but that really didn't matter once I came into Toronto and saw my loving parents waiting for me beyond the baggage claim.

Yes - the late night flight that allows me to start my following day with my parents smiling faces will always be a good thing to me!  It's good to be back.


No comments:

Post a Comment