Monday, October 31, 2011

Oct. 28th: Epic Halloween Parties!

Halloween is one of the best holidays of the year.  It is a great excuse for everyone to dress up as nerdy and/or goofy as they like, with the only judgment being that we are all awesome.  And are we ever!  
Thanks to my good friends Christie and Linsy, who host an annual Halloween party complete with games, contests, and prizes, we got to pull out extra awesome this year as we had to dress up as fictional characters.  

Last year I dressed up as Ramona Flowers, from Scott Pilgrim (complete with goggles and hammer).  
Inspiration
Result


But because I take issue with repeating costumes from year to year, I decided that I could not go as Ramona again - despite how much I wanted to.  It took me a while to think of an epically awesome costume that would show of just how nerdy (yet awesome) I can be.  And I think I pulled it off.  Enter Homestar Runner!  


Truth be told - I hadn't been to the Homestar Runner website in a long time.  But I did remember how amazing it was when I watched all too often in university.  So I figured it was about time that I play homage to this amazing character.  Apparently others agreed, because enough people commented on it at the improv show I volunteered at prior to the party that made the whole thing seem worth it.  I might not have won any costume prizes, but it sure felt good to be dressed up as one of the coolest/nerdiest things ever.  OH Halloween parties that last until 3am - you are "sooo gooooood!"


1 comment:

  1. Hey Homestar! you left your beanie in L's bed. lol

    ReplyDelete