Friday, October 28, 2011

Oct. 27th: Flamenco Dancing!

A few years ago I went to Kino Cafe here in Vancouver to celebrate a friend's birthday.  The night that we went they had some live flamenco dancers and a flamenco guitarist.  As I watched these, strong, beautiful women dance with such power and grace, the thought crossed my mind that I wanted to learn how to dance like that.

It was a dream that never came to fruition until a GROUPON came up for 6 beginner classes at only $45 (almost 70% off the original price).  Well - at that point I had no more excuses.  So today I had my first class and it was AWESOME!!!  Seriously, the subtle movement in the arms and fingers, combined with the weightiness of all of leg work makes for an incredible dance experience.

Even better was coming out of the class to find an amazing deal on flamenco shoes that fit my feet as well as I imagined any shoe would - and for a mere $40 (80% off of what some other used flamenco shoes were costing).  Holy hannah did I ever luck out.  Now I just need to find a better rehearsal skirt and I'm all set.  I should also head back to Kino Cafe for some more inspiration.


No comments:

Post a Comment