Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Oct. 15th: Cruel, but worth it!


Saturday was yet another beautiful day during a really short visit to the island.  It's amazing to think that after over a month of not seeing each other in person, we tried to make up for the time we have not spent together in less than 23 hours.  And it actually worked . . . for the most part.   

Investing a 10 hour commute for a visit of only 24 hours seems pretty silly, especially when the length of the visit is just enough time to remind you of how much you missed a person (realizing that it was actually a lot more than originally expected), but I feel like it is one of those situations where I will take what I can get.  Truthfully the only reason why the trips cannot be longer, is generally because of my selfishness and Luke's supportivenesss that causes me to need to be on the main land.  So really it's my own fault!  I clearly try to do pack too much into a very tight schedule, thinking that I should be able to have everything I want (and somehow it has managed to work out for me).  But for this reason, those cruel one-day visits will ALWAYS be worth it to me.  So long as I can find a solid 34 hours off - I know how I will be spending it.  Oh the things we do for love!

No comments:

Post a Comment