Saturday, October 08, 2011

Oct. 7th: The Big Reunion

One of the best parts of heading back to Ontario, is getting to see all of the lovely people I left behind when I moved out west.  There are groups of people that I always make a valiant effort to see and for some reason this Thanksgiving I was able to catch up with all of the members of a group that I used to regularly hang out with in high school.  I call them the Hillfield crew (named after the school from whence they came)!

It's a ridiculously long story of how we all met, but once we met we just kept hanging out.  I think it was our mutual nerdy goofiness that kept us together.  But of course as time went on we eventually went to Universities that split us up geographically, and then moved on to careers and lives that made the geographical separation even larger.  We've done a good job of staying in contact so that we can still reunite over the Holidays, but it seemed that this was the first time in a VERY long time when we were all able to make it out.

It was pretty sweet finally being able to meet all of the lady friends/wives and catch up on what everyone is doing these days.  It's amazing how much has changed in just the last couple of years.  New jobs, new marriages, moves back to Ontario, film festivals, bike trips across the country, illustration programs, saving lives and break-dancing, projects that cannot be talked about. It is crazy to realize how far we have come.  We have all grown up so much since those high school days, and yet in some ways nothing has really changed it all.  As we all approach the big 3-0 we've still managed to keep our immaturity intact - and I think that's awesome!  I love you guys and cannot wait for the next big meet up.










No comments:

Post a Comment