Monday, October 10, 2011

Oct. 9th: BFFs and In-Laws!

I was fortunate to start my day yesterday with one of my Best Friends and one who I have had the privilege to have known my entire life. . . . CORRECTION. I have known her HER entire life.

Leah Frankiewicz is the daughter of one of my Mom's best friends, so we would play together a lot when we were really young, and quickly became best friends. But it wasn't until we hit the double-digits that we realized that our whole relationship was based on the fact that we were actually related.  Her Mom's younger sister was married to my Mom's younger brother (which is where their friendship started), and then later her Aunt (who was married to her Mom's late brother) ended up getting married to my Mom's eldest brother.  It was in the preparation of that wedding and becoming relatives that the two of us came to the realization that we were already related!  It might be a confusing relationship - but an AWESOME one. 

Despite the fact that I have not lived in Ontario for almost 10 years.  Leah and I have still remained the best of friends and our friendship is not going anywhere any time soon.  Sorry Leah - looks like you're going to have to put up with me a little while longer!


And since we're talking about awesome relationships, I want to give my brother props for marrying into an amazing family.  I think it is standard that a person marrying into a new family will spend a lot of time with their in-laws.  What is not standard is when the two in-law families regularly spend time together.  When I heard that we were invited to spend thanksgiving dinner with my brother's in-laws I was absolutely thrilled.  I knew that our extended family (cousins, Aunts, Uncles) were busy this weekend so we weren't having our usual Thanksgiving dinner.  So, to still be able to spend the day with an extension of our family was awesome.  Thanks Jamie and Siobhan for inviting us to be a part of your new tradition - and for letting me spend a little more time with my beautiful niece!


No comments:

Post a Comment