Monday, November 14, 2011

Nov. 10: A little intimidation never hurt anyone!

SO MUCH TO CATCH UP ON!  Clearly the awesomeness of a bit of time off has put me a little behind in my blogging.  But it's time to stop goofing around and finally report on the awesomeness of the last five days - starting with last Thursday.

It started out like any other day.  Some work, some sassy flamenco dancing, and then getting ready for a night at the theatre.  The key difference was that my theatre date for the evening was one that I was really looking forward to and for some reason a little nervous about.

Over a year ago this amazing lady came into my life.  She is tall, gorgeous, fit, healthy, talented, ridiculously smart, and one of the nicest people I have ever met.  She also happens to be one of the most intimidating people I have ever met.  Not because she is actually intimidating (far from it), but because she is just so cool and awesome that I always feel slightly inferior around her.  The fact that she also happens to be my boyfriend's sister does not help relieve any of the intimidation either.  But because I was not going to get a ridiculous fear get in the way of my spending time with her and becoming (hopefully good) friends, I sent her a cop-out text message to invite her to drinks and a show, which she graciously accepted.

Fortunately it was a busy night, so I didn't really have time to panic.  But once again I felt like a bit of a tool a few times throughout the night.  I'm sure she didn't think so - because she is AWESOME - but I couldn't help but feel self-conscious - and I don't even know why.  Also, I ended up having to ditch her a couple of times to handle some work things as they came up, so that didn't make me feel any better.  But being the amazing person she is, she was extremely understanding about the situation and even surprised me at the end of the night with a belated Birthday gift.  ... WHO DOES THAT?!?!?

And as if getting a gift wasn't enough, it just so happened to be a homemade gift of some of her pottery (the same pottery that I've been coveting at Luke's place every time I visit him).  The awesome homemade mug now has a permanent home on my desk at work where it gets filled with delicious lemon ginger tea nearly every day.

So here's to that lovely lady who I will probably always feel slightly intimidated by, and I'm okay with that.  If you want a hint at all of her awesomeness, check out her website and youtube channel for some healthy eating tips. Here's her most recent video.  




No comments:

Post a Comment