Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Nov. 13th: A personal day!

Ever heard of this thing called a 'personal day'?  It's essentially when someone takes a day off, not because they are sick or had an emergency, or had a conflicting commitment - but because they just want a moment to shut down, take a break from all commitments, and have a day to themselves.

I took my first one of those on Sunday!  Weird that my 'day off' was taken on a Sunday when you might assume I'd already have the day off. But considering how packed I've made my schedule lately, Sunday happened to be the day when exhaustion set in and I needed the time to just relax and not worry about any prior commitments.

So I did just that.  I am not usually one to play hookie and I don't think I will ever become one - but for one day it was a nice relief.  And I definitely felt prepared to take on all of the tasks of Monday.  So I guess it was totally worth it!

If you've never had a personal day - I highly recommend it!  Trust the workaholic - a little time off to get back to neutral can be a great thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment