Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Nov. 20th: Taken to Church!

I know I have blogged about choir A LOT, but it's awesomeness never ceases to amaze me.  This weekend one particular thing happened that does not happen all of the time, but when it does it is always AWESOME.  And that's when we are taken to church!

I do not mean taken to a church service.  What I mean is when the singing gets so epic that you cannot help but feel touched by something.  You know those classic stereotypical images of gospel choirs in southern churches?  With the fast paced music, the singing at the top of your lungs, with the hands up, and dancing around.  That's exactly what I'm talking about! I cannot say whether it is God, the Holy Spirit, or just the overwhelming joy that comes from clapping, dancing, and singing together.  But I can say with certainty that it is a feeling that I only ever get at choir and is one that I love and crave constantly.    It is the kind of feeling that makes me really glad that choir rehearsals are on Sundays!

No comments:

Post a Comment