Sunday, November 06, 2011

Nov. 6th: Christmas Time is Here!

Okay - so it's not really Christmas time - but as far as I am concerned it is.  Today was the first choir rehearsal in which we started preparing for our Christmas gigs.  So having spent two hours today singing Christmas songs, I now have the mindset that the Holiday season is in full swing and I couldn't be happier about it.

This is an awesome season with awesome songs attached to it.  And when those songs are sung in the awesome style of soul and gospel - well you cannot help but feel the Christmas spirit.  I think that was evident at last year's Christmas concert when over 2000 people were each standing up and dancing to our performance because they were so moved by the music.  I've said it before, and I'll say it again . . . when you are performing and watch over 2000 people 'lean back' with you, it is unbelievably moving experience!

For a little taste of what I am talking about, check out this video from last year's concert.  You might notice that everyone's standing up which explains the camera view.  (And yes - I'm there, but I'm off to the side and not seen on camera.)  If this song doesn't get you in the Christmas Spirit then you are CRAZY.  Or maybe just not the biggest fan of Christmas.  As for me - I cannot wait for next Sunday when we sing these songs again.  Hooray Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Time to wheel out the Neil Diamond Christmas CD's - of which I now have volume one AND two.

    ReplyDelete