Sunday, November 06, 2011

Nov. 4th: Downtown Living!

After an awesome day spent at the Greater Vancouver Professional Theatre Alliance's "Making a Scene" conference, socializing, brainstorming, and visioning with our fellow theatre practitioners, I was looking forward to a night off. Unfortunately a night off for me does not necessarily involve a night at home.  Sometimes it involves hanging with friends at a swank downtown condo with a pool and hot tub, enjoying some homemade pizza and wine.

I have often wondered what it would be like to live downtown.  In Montreal I found myself being envious of my brothers and friends sweet downtown apartments, and now again in Vancouver I find myself wanting to be closer to downtown.  I used to LOVE being on the outskirts of town.  Still in the city and with easy transit routes to downtown, but being in a quieter more residential area - pretty much the area I'm in now.  But recently I've been craving the hustle and bustle of downtown, and apartment living (rather than the duplex living I've always lived in).

I don't know if this is a realistic goal, and I already know that it would never be a permanent one, but it is certainly one that I would like to see happen at some point.  This is not the time for it, but who know what might happen in the next few years.  Maybe I can truly become a city girl.  But even just pretending to be a city girl from time to time is pretty darn awesome!

No comments:

Post a Comment