Monday, November 28, 2011

Nov. 25th: Kinecules!

This Friday I went down to visit Luke for the first time in a month.  As usual, it was great to see him, but it became even better when he shared some great news with me.

Since trying out my friend Natalie's Kinect last month, I have been wanting one of my own.  In fact it was pretty much the only thing that was going on my Christmas wish list.  However - Luke informed me that Black Friday had made its way to Canada and that Future Shop had a major sale on, and that one of their major deals was the XBOX/Kinect Bundle for $100 off.  So he proposed that we go in for our first 'couple purchase' and split the costs so that we could both own it, but it could live at my apartment.

This was a HUGE step.  Co-ownership?  What's next? A Dog?  Well despite the fears that come from co-ownership, I decided that it was actually a good investment, a good arrangement, and great deal that would be crazy to turn down.  So I said yes to the whole idea - but then reality set in.

$100 off?  That a big savings - and we're talking about Future Shop.  My understanding of their big sales is that they do not last very long.  So I suggested that if we were going to go through with the purchase that we do it as soon as possible if we expect to get one.  And that's when Luke confessed that he thought about that - which is why he went into the store as soon as it opened to purchase one!

WHAT?!?!?!  So apparently Luke and I are the proud new owners of a new Kinect.  We have named it Kinecules!  We took it out for a walk this weekend, and it seemed to have a good time.  It is now home safely in Vancouver.  If anyone ever wants to come and see it - feel free to come visit anytime!  It always enjoys company.


No comments:

Post a Comment