Sunday, November 06, 2011

Nov. 5th: An inspiring day!

Saturday was the final day of the Making a Scene Conference and it was another fantastic day.  Very inspirational!  A lot of great ideas came out of it and I really look forward to going back into work on Monday with all of these great new thoughts.  Fortunately my inspiration from the conference made me change my evening plans which ended up working out for the better.

I had originally planned to attend the CD Release party of an acquaintance of mine (who just so happens to be one of my favourite artists) but as an emergency came up and a position needed to be filled in the evening, I felt that it only made sense for me to take it - despite the very generous offer of another friend to take it.  In then end it was a good thing that I worked the shift.  Because it gave me a chance to help out the theatre, and still hopefully make it to the CD release afterparty (had I decided to stay out extra late).  In the process of waiting for the afterparty to begin, I went to hang out with some of the artists involved in the show and decided that I would only stay for a short while so that I could actually get to bed at a somewhat reasonable hour.

What was awesome was that in the process of hanging out, I ended up becoming enthralled with the conversation and chose to stick around much later than expected (thanks to the very kind offer of a ride home from one of the artists) and I ended up learning so much more about these theatre artists and their experiences in the business - which was invaluable.  I actually got chills a few times just through talking about the art form, and the creative process for the actor, and the general story making experience.

It's amazing how some things just work out!  Plans are great and I know that I would have had a great time at the CD release party, but I am glad that I had the flexibility and dedication to take on that extra shift because the way things worked out seemed to make more sense to me.  I feel that at the end of the day these people are no longer just colleagues, but legitimately friends - and that is FRIGGIN AWESOME!

No comments:

Post a Comment