Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Nov. 1st: Jingle butt!

Anyone who has been paying attention to this blog knows that I recently signed up for a belly dancing class.  If anyone forgot, it's probably because it was greatly overlooked in my blog post about Capoeira.  While I definitely couldn't keep up with the Capoeira - I definitely stuck with the belly dancing, and I have a feeling I will keep taking classes well after this semester, because it is so much fun and a really good core work out.  Plus - I get to wear fun costumes.

Yes - one of the reasons why I was so eager and excited to take belly dancing, is for the epically awesome costumes.  Over a year ago while visiting Victoria, I walked past this beautiful store called Cleopatra's Bedroom which had all of these breathtakingly beautiful Egyptian outfits, including the coined belts worn for belly dancing.  Seeing the different outfits really made me want to sign up for some classes, so once I finally did I made sure to stop by that store again and pick up one of those epically awesome belts.  It ended up being just a little more expensive than I expected which most times would mean that I wouldn't go through with the purchase, but with Luke present to remind me of how excited I was to get it, and ask me whether I could actually afford it or not - I put my usual frugality aside and went ahead and bought the belt. And I am so glad I did.

Tonight was the first class in which I was actually able to wear the belt, and boy did it ever feel good.  I'm was already excited to be shaking my hips and butt, but adding that little jingle to it gave it the extra awesome I was hoping for!  Hooray for jingly butts.  Can't wait for next Tuesday!


No comments:

Post a Comment