Friday, November 04, 2011

Nov. 3rd: Does this mean I'm a dancer?

Okay - I know I've already posted about Flameco dancing but because Thursday's class was SO good I felt like I needed to post about it again.

Thursday was our first time really focusing on the footwork, so it was a good thing I had my flamenco shoes on.  The sound of the nails on the floor is so awesome, and the feeling that comes from stomping you foot down, digging your heel into the floor, and lifting and slamming your heel back into the floor is indescribable.  The whole reason why I wanted to do flamenco dancing was because it was such a sensual yet powerful dance - and that is EXACTLY what I am getting.  I have a feeling that I will be keeping this up for as long as I can afford it, because just being in these classes makes me feel so good about myself and makes me want to dance even more.

I feel a little weird right now.  I have never been a dancer, but rather someone who really enjoys dancing. The only training I've had were some tap classes when I was 5, and then a brief recap with a friend a couple of years ago.  But now that I'm taking two dance classes a week, with the intention of continuing my training in both of them - am I allowed to deny being a dancer anymore?  I don't know.  I guess we'll have to see where I'm at once I've completed my beginner classes.



No comments:

Post a Comment